Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines are a good way to provide your employees with quick relief in the workplace. Analgesics are also recommended by ANSI to be included in your workplace first aid cabinets.
We carry a wide variety of non-drowsy OTC medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, pain relievers, cough drops, cold/sinus, allergy medicine and more to help you keep your employees safe and productive on the job.
First Aid OTC Medicine Requirements
It is a common misconception that OTC medicines should not be included in your workplace first aid cabinet. According to ANSI some analgesics, if properly packaged, labeled and formulated are recommended, but not required, for workplace first aid cabinets. It is important to keep the following in mind when considering tablets:
- Non-drowsy formula: drowsiness & fatigue can cause slow productivity or worse an injury, all tablets should be formulated with ingredients that do not cause drowsiness.
- Individually-packed: bottles or packages meant for the home can often cause cross-contamination in the workplace resulting in an allergy or injury, all tablets should be packaged individually.
- Tamper-evident: knowing your medicine has not been tampered with or exposed to the elements helps you ensure they are safe for consumption, all tablets should be in tamper-evident packaging
- Proper labels: understanding the active/inactive ingredients are important for preventing adverse reactions or knowing when your product has expired. Your tablets must meet the FDA OTC requirements for packaging.
- Your team: while tablets are recommended by ANSI and a great way to keep employees productive and safe on the job it is ultimately the decision of your EHS team and your employer.
Popular OTC Medicine
- Pain Reliever
- Naproxen Sodium
- Pepto Bismol
- Allergy Relief
- Sinus Decongestant
- Cold & Cough