Backflow systems are essential for protecting the water supply and ensuring that your life-saving equipment functions properly. Water authorities also require the immediate repair of any faulty backflow devices, as they play a vital role in preventing the backflow of contaminated water into clean water systems.
At Thompson Safety, we offer services to address these urgent needs, providing timely repairs for a wide range of backflow devices, regardless of size or manufacturer. Our skilled technicians are well-equipped to service an array of backflow devices, including those found in fire sprinkler systems, domestic water supplies, irrigation systems, and isolation devices.
Our routine device checks involve a thorough examination of key components in your backflow system, including reduced pressure devices, double-check devices, and pressure vacuum devices, to ensure their functionality and readiness when needed. We also conduct system configuration checks to verify that your systems are not only fully operational but also correctly configured for effective containment or isolation within your building. Our assessments include checks on the pressure relief capabilities of backflow valves, proper pressure release potential of relief valves, correct calibration of air gaps, and proper placement of nodes to meet your building's specific isolation or containment requirements
How The Service Works
- Facility Walkthrough: conduct an equipment survey to determine the type, size and details of the existing backflow device.
- Inspection: based on the survey we determine the appropriate inspection/repair needed to bring your equipment up to code.
- Repair: if repairs are needed, those will be quoted and preformed in a timely manner to bring your system back online or up to code.
- Service Interval: establish the appropriate service frequency, which will depend on the specific equipment being maintained and local requirements.
- Documentation: provide thorough documentation of all services performed, repairs, notations and deficiencies, in written and digital formats.
- Invoicing: multiple payment and billing options for your convenience.
- Ongoing support: 24/7 customer service and account access
State laws usually require that after backflow device testing, certification results must be reported to water authorities and/or the local AHJ. At Thompson Safety, we take care of this for you by sending your results and any repair details directly to the relevant authority. Different locals may have different inspection requirements for backflow and fire protection, so it is important to check your requirements with local authorities.
DISCLAIMER: The content provided on this website is intended solely for informational purposes. While Thompson Safety strives to offer reliable and accurate information, we shall not be held liable for any errors or omissions in the featured content. The material presented does not constitute professional advice. Users relying on this information pertaining to our products or services are solely responsible for independently verifying the accuracy of the information from trustworthy sources, including the product manufacturer, business policy/procedures, NFPA, and their local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Our service offerings may vary by market, and not all services are available in all markets.